Greater Richmond Bar Foundation
General Counsel for NonProfits Program
Nonprofit Eligibility Criteria:
Thank you for your interest in the Greater Richmond Bar Foundation’s General Counsel Program. Below is the criteria that will be used to select participants for this program:
It is required that each organization applying for the GRBF General Counsel Program:
- is a 501(c)3 charitable organization or the equivalent
- is located in or provides significant services in the Greater Richmond area (Richmond, Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, Goochland, Powhatan, Petersburg, Colonial Heights, Hopewell);
- is in good standing with the Virginia State Corporation Commission, if applicable; and
- has a current GiveRichmond profile.
Priority will be given to applicants that:
- were incorporated in Virginia, if applicable;
- have an annual budget of at least $100,000 but less than $2 million;
- have been operating programs/providing services for at least two years;
- have a duly elected governing board that is in good standing;
- has operated with an Executive Director/CEO (or its equivalent) for at least one year; and
- assist low income individuals or low-income communities.
 Organizations that do not satisfy one or more of these criteria are encouraged to apply and explain why they should be considerate for participation in the program.
Interest Form and Request for Application:
To be considered for participation in the General Counsel Program, and to request a formal application, please complete the form below. Note, preliminary interest forms must be submitted by Friday, September 28. If your organization is deemed eligible, you will be asked to submit a full application.