ABOUT THE PRO BONO CLEARINGHOUSE
The Pro Bono Clearinghouse is a referral service, linking experienced attorney volunteers with 501c3 nonprofit organizations in need of legal counsel. Our virtual law firm of 350 attorneys from 75 different law firms and corporate legal departments assist nonprofits each year with a variety of transactional legal matters, like personnel issues, contract negotiations, bylaw review, mergers and intellectual property issues, etc., for free – so our nonprofits can focus more of their resources on their charitable purpose.
Through the generosity of our many volunteers, the Pro Bono Clearinghouse program has successfully handled nearly 1,000 matters, from more than 580 different nonprofit organizations, valued at over $2.5 million since the program’s inception in 2001.
If you are an ESTABLISHED NONPROFIT (501c3) organization in need of need of transactional legal advice, please complete the form below. The Clearinghouse staff will match your nonprofit organization to a volunteer attorney who can provide free help as soon as possible. Please note, assistance is not guaranteed. If you have questions about the process, please contact our Director of Administration, Alison Roussy at (804) 780-2600 or by email email@example.com.
If you are an INDIVIDUAL WITH LIMITED MEANS, please click here
VOLUNTEER for the Pro Bono Clearinghouse:
ARTICLES on issues relevant to nonprofit sector:
- Use the 990 Smartly, by Phyllis Katz & Jesse Bausch, Sands Anderson PC
- Basic Checklist for Starting a Non-Profit, Southside Community Partners
- Starting A Non-Profit: What you Need to Know, Anne C. Hodges, et al 2005
- Short Guide for Non-Profit Start Up, Anne C. Hodges, et al, 2006
- Building a Strong Nonprofit Sector, The Community Foundation
- Tax Resource Center for Organizations, Community Tax Law Project