3rd Annual Jazz 4 Justice Raises $16,000
Thank you to everyone who supported the
3rd Annual Jazz4Justice Benefit Concert!
Thanks to overwhelming community support and the generosity of our amazing sponsors, our 3rd Annual Jazz 4 Justice event, held on February 3, 2017, raised $16,000 for GRBF and the VCU Department of Music. All proceeds from the event support programs that provide pro bono legal representation to low income individuals & families, veterans & nonprofits in the greater Richmond area, as well as scholarships and instruments for students in the VCU Jazz Studies Program.
An event such as this is only possible with the hard work and dedication of many. We wish to express our sincere gratitude to the following:
- Retired Virginia Supreme Court Justice John Charles Thomas who eloquently shared his originial poetry on stage, accompanied by members of the VCU Jazz ensemble
- Andrew Freiden, NBC12 Meteorologist, who graciously served as this year’s Guest Conductor
- Our sponsors, especially Premier Sponsor McGuireWoods, Gold Circle Sponsor Dominon Resources Services & Media Sponsor 88.9 WCVE
- Volunteers and Staff: Stacy Lee, Julie McConnell, Paul Hammond, Dr. Daryl Harper, Anne Marie Dumaine, & Curt Blankenship.
- The talented performers & stage crew. Without you there would be no Jazz 4 Justice!
Photo Credit: Rebecca Schwartz