Veteran’s Initiative Program
The Virginia Bar Association’s (VBA’s) Veterans Issues Task Force, in partnership with the Greater Richmond Bar Foundation (GRBF), helps match veterans and service members in need of legal assistance with Virginia attorneys willing to assist them on a pro bono or reduced fee basis.
Request Legal Assistance Here (Veterans, Service Members and family members of a Service Members only)
*Please note: Our coordinators will match you to a volunteer attorney as soon as possible. However, assistance is not guaranteed. If we are unable to find a volunteer within a reasonable amount of time, we will refer you to alternative resources. If you have questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES for Veterans and Active Duty Service Members:
If you are an INDIVIDUAL WITH LIMITED MEANS in need of need of legal assistance, please contact Legal Aid through this toll-free number: 1-866-534-5243, OR if you have a limited need for legal advice, please see if you qualify for this pro bono (free) Q&A service, at VIRGINIA FREE LEGAL ANSWERS.
RESOURCES for individuals in need of legal assistance:
- Virginia Free Legal Answers – https://virginia.freelegalanswers.org/
- Central Virginia Legal Aid Society – http://cvlas.org/ or (800) 868-1012
- Legal Aid Justice Center – https://www.justice4all.org/ or (804) 643-1086
- Virginia Lawyer Referral Service – http://www.vsb.org/vlrs/ or (800) 552-7977
- Free and Low Cost Legal Resources in Virginia – http://www.vsb.org/docs/probono/access-guide.pdf