Board Member Spotlight: Mike Goldman
1. Where were you born?
2. Spouse? Children? Pets?
Yes, yes and yes – 3 kids (1 boy and 2 girls), and a dog (cockapoo)
3. What is your occupation? If you’re a lawyer, what type of law do you practice?
Lawyer – Mergers & Acquisitions
4. Why did you join the GRBF Board?
I have been involved with GRBF through the Pro Bono Clearinghouse and representing nonprofit organizations since I began practicing law.
5. What was your favorite subject in school?
6. What was your first job?
Credit Analyst for SunTrust Bank
7. What is the best book you have ever read?
The Sun Also Rises – two fun facts – (1) my father actually interviewed Ernest Hemingway in Madrid, Spain while in the Air Force and working for Armed Forces radio, and (2) I have been to the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona – it was incredible.
8. What is the one item you cannot live without?
9. What is your favorite travel spot?
Park City, Utah
10. What is at the top of your bucket list?
Driving across the country. I have made it from VA to UT. I need to just finish the last 10 or so hours to CA.
11. What is the best live concert you have ever attended?
Dave Matthews Band
12. What is your favorite movie, TV show, or podcast?
Movie – Top Gun
TV Show – Blue Bloods
Podcast – Sunday Conversation with Willie Geist
13. What is your favorite sports team?
LSU Tigers Football
14. When I am not in the office, I like to …
Hike, play golf or attend my kids’ sporting events
15. If I wasn’t [fill in current occupation], I would be …
Either a teacher/coach or in the military.
16. What is something most people probably don’t know about you?
I am half-Spanish, particularly Northern Spain or Basque. My mother’s maiden name was Aquirethabalaga.
17. At the current moment, what are you most looking forward to?
2021 and some sense of normalcy.
18. What advice would you give someone who wants to become involved in pro bono opportunities?
Try lots of different types until you find what you are passionate about, but most importantly, just do it.
About the artist: Tom Fox is a visual and musical artist living in Richmond. He loves staying up late and riding his bike. To connect with Tommy, email him (email@example.com) and he is more than happy to set up a studio visit.